Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries 2022 Import - Update Return with Quickbooks Desktop Data Error Message

moondog3448
Level 2

Is anyone else getting the error message "unable to open a connection to Quickbooks" while trying to import data from Quickbooks to Proseries?  I am using the latest version of Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2021 (R31.0 R12) & Proseries 2022.

In the past, the import would work if the Quickbooks version was no more than one year behind the Proseries version.  Importing was a problem several years ago, & the folks at Proseries made a correction to their program in March, just days before partnership tax returns were due.

Does anyone have a solution to this?  In my situation, the Quickbooks data file & the Proseries data file are on the same disk drive.  I have set Quickbooks to run as an administrator in Windows 10 & I am using the admin user in quickbooks.

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
dkh
Level 15

There are other posts regarding this.  You'll have to look back a ways to find them.

I think the answer was QBs and PS have to both be 2022 versions

0 Cheers
moondog3448
Level 2

Thanks for your reply DKH, but that would be a change in how it has worked for the last 10 years; it has always allowed Proseries to import a QB file which is one year prior to the Proseries program year.  I'm retiring after this year, so I don't want to buy QB22 just to solve this problem.  Hopefully, I'm not the only one having this problem & a moderator will alert the right folks @ Proseries to fix this problem

0 Cheers