Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Updater

SBBCPA
Level 2

Pro Series Updater began hanging on the Initializing Connection task yesterday. My log for updates indicates that the last one was on 2-22-22.

I attempted to use the Windows repair app under ProSeries 2021, but that also hangs on the Initializing Connection task. 

Finally, I tried using the using the Refresh Updates item under Update while in ProSeries, but that also hangs on the Initializing Connection task. 

Is there any other option available to fix this?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Try refresh updates 

Click on the update tab at the top of the page and select "refresh updates"

This will sometimes fix partially installed updates.

SBBCPA
Level 2

I already tried that, it brings up the same window attempting to connect and hangs at that point.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you tried rebooting your computer in between those attempted fixes, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
SBBCPA
Level 2

That would be very inefficient at this point.

However, I did discover what probably precipitated this. Our IT consultant installed a Windows update that must have happened while ProSeries Updater was running. Once I finished the Windows installation by rebooting, the Updater was able to connect & complete the updates.

0 Cheers