Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series Schedule K entry

TeresaD
Level 1

this is my first year doing business tax returns. What goes on the proseries entry line "Schedule K Items"?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

1065 or 1120S. and what specific form and line number are you looking at

dascpa
Level 11

Please consider continuing education classes before you start preparing business, or trust, or whatever returns you're not familiar with.  This forum is not designed to teach you the basics.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

On some lines, if you click the yellow ? on the tool bar when your cursor is on that line, it will give you a better idea of what goes there.

Business returns are a whole different animal from 1040s, you'll drive yourself crazy if you jump in with both feet and just try to prepare one without understanding the basics of what all the parts relate to.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Without trying to be mean, if you are asking that question, you probably aren't quite ready to start preparing business returns.  You need to do a little more homework to better understand business returns before you jump into the deep end.  Trust me, you aren't doing yourself or your clients any favors if you are working in areas that you are not properly trained for.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I agree with what the others have said. One other thing, if the clients business has been around for multiple years, take a look at the copies of the prior year tax returns. Also quickfinder and the tax books have sections on businesses, I get both , as well as other tax reference material . Oh by the way, I like your name.