Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRIOR YEAR RETURN TRANSMITTED NO ACK RECEIVED

OzNY
Level 3

On May 25, 2022, a return from tax year 2020 was transmitted and I have not received an acknowledgment yet.  I even looked in the return for a submission id.  I have tried to update the status of the return for both the federal and state and the status has not changed.  It is unusual not to get any acknowledgment.  

Please note that I also transmitted the return for tax year 2021 on the same day and have the Form 9325.

I have also transmitted other returns from tax year 2020 with no problem

Please advise

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
OzNY
Level 3

The initial step to transmit to the return was to highlight and send which I did.  When I look for the EF Accepted, I normally go to Receive Acks, which I did.  I noticed that it did not change and clicked on update status in the EF Center.  I have tried several different ways and there is no change.  All of this was done before reaching out for help.  I'm guessing it's best to contact intuit on Tuesday.  There is something wrong.  The return is stuck somewhere

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre highlighting the file in the EFCenter and using this Update Acks option, rather than the regular Receive Acks?

updateacks (2).png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
OzNY
Level 3

The initial step to transmit to the return was to highlight and send which I did.  When I look for the EF Accepted, I normally go to Receive Acks, which I did.  I noticed that it did not change and clicked on update status in the EF Center.  I have tried several different ways and there is no change.  All of this was done before reaching out for help.  I'm guessing it's best to contact intuit on Tuesday.  There is something wrong.  The return is stuck somewhere

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Did you do what I showed you above?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
OzNY
Level 3

Yes. and it finally worked...thank you

cpa2
Level 2

Thank you so so much for this post.  I've had several returns that I efiled on the opening day in 2023 for prior year and they were just stuck in the "transmitted" status.  I tried updating the status, re-submitting them, etc, to no avail.  It never occurred to me to go to "update status" instead of "receive status".

I assumed they all went to the IRS but have been concerned anyway as I never got my final acknowledgement.  This post has been a world of relief and help to me.  Thank you!

With tax season upon us, I have just been too swamped to even attempt to search for help but today I decided to and landed upon your post!