Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Selected Forms > Letters - "There are no standard letters associated with this formset type."

acuny
Level 3

I noticed printing behavior that could be a bug in this year's (TY2023) Proseries, but I wanted to ask if anyone else had this happen to them? When I choose File > Print > Print Selected Forms > Letters, I initially get a popup dialog that says "There are no standard letters associated with this formset type.", then the normal window opens but it is blank. If any of you have seen this, let me know and I will call to report it.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7

This is an easy fix.  Don't waste your time calling it in.

Either close the return and then re-open it OR go to the state and then back to the federal.  The letters will magically re-appear.

acuny
Level 3

Sorry Just-Lisa-Now- (and now Frustrated0in-IL),

Just saw you replied to another user about two weeks ago... I did try to search for it, but only just found it. I did also find that if I close and save the return, and then re-open it, it works fine as well. This sort of happens only randomly. But, there is also at least a 3rd person who has this issue, so maybe it's a thing? Might still call it in - maybe not.

0 Cheers

I've been called a lot of things but never Lisa!  But that's okay.  There is a real nice Lisa on this site from CA who helps a lot of people.  I think you may have confused me with her.

GinaCPA
Level 2

Same thing happening to me. I do go to State and back to federal and press F10 and the letters miraculously appear.  It's a bug they need to patch an update to repair it

0 Cheers
GinaCPA
Level 2

I understand why it may be a waste of time to call when we know the easy fix, but they should do an update to correct it. We pay good money for the pro version and its unacceptable

IRonMaN
Level 15

Feel free to call.  Folks like ILlisa and I prefer not to call support unless there is no real work around.  Life is too short to spend a chunk of it trying to talk to support.

Slava Ukraini!
yashk
Employee
Employee

@acuny 

Please share the error snapshot.

Also, please send the logs:

From ProSeries menu,

Help ==> Send Logs

And follow the prompt to send these via email to us. Thanks.

0 Cheers