Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop Up Ads in Proseries

dnixon
Level 2

Is there any way to stop the pop up ads in proseries related to some of the services they offer?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Which ads?  (a) The ones from the yellow "Alert" bar"?  (b) The ones on the right-hand-side panel?  (c) The pop-up thingy in the lower left hand corner?

dnixon
Level 2

The ones on the right side of the program trying to get you to buy more of their services.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There is a tiny little arrow near the top, and you can close that entire panel and never see it again.   🙂

BobKamman
Level 15

The money they make from those services are what pays for the ARP updates they will announce next month.  

dnixon
Level 2

Well, that works temporally but then it pops back up next time you open the screen.   The one that seems to be most precipitant is the one about the electronic signature option.   We are a bit unique in how we are set up and have no use for that feature. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Somebody else mentioned it opened back up for them too, but mine stays shut.  Weird.

0 Cheers

not true it opens 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@down load previous years  this is an old post from last season, so the advice may not still ring true....if youre referring to that stupid Esig window that keeps popping out, as of right now, nobody has found a way to kill it for good.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You have to close the window several times, then a popup ask if you want to keep it closed. Now mine stays closed

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Now mine stays closed"

I did too, but tax season isn't over and I'm not convinced that it won't return.  Maybe a wooden stake and some garlic will help.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
That worked for me for awhile, but I think each update resets it again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxes96786
Level 9

I wish they would reprogram with the next update and stop this. It is totally annoying, especially when you have not opted for esignature service.

I do have to say that I am impressed with this year's tech assistance. I was unable to online authorize PPR account. I called and after a couple of hours the tech fixed the problem. I am delighted. At least they are responding to our needs again.

0 Cheers