Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic usps mail update

PATAX
Level 15

Since it looks like they shut down or restricted or whatever my previous pathetic mail update, I am starting a new one. Unbelievable. A neighbor just brought me a stack of my mail that he said he received. A whole darn stack. Now I have to e-file all these returns. And I still haven't received the certified mail package from Alaska. These people are really a joke. And please Bob don't make excuses for them. I don't want to hear it.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions

Look on the bright side - at least you didn't get called into the Principal's office like IRonMaN! 😄

I had an obnoxiously busy day with several appointments and was just now getting my bag of popcorn and looking forward to reading the posts in the previous thread.  You can imagine my disappointment to see it was gone.  Now I can only wonder what I missed.  Mind you, I didn't understand the turn the thread took but I was hoping, like a great movie, everything would tie together before the happy ending.  Now that I have been denied that possibility, I think Intuit should refund to me a portion of the fees I paid.  The opportunity to participate in this community is a large part of why I pay Intuit the fees I pay.  After all, you don't think I would pay nearly $8k a year for a program that is continually broken without the ability to post freely, or at least what I though to be freely, here?

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
PATAX
Level 15

In addition to aforementioned e-file signature documents that were erroneously delivered to the wrong address, also was over $1,000 in checks to me, and 2023 tax data from two different clients. One is an attorney in Pittsburgh. The other one was from a widow of a gentleman that used to work at the post office and he actually ran it. He knew what he was doing because at that time they hired the most qualified people who applied for a position there. I was always against the privatization of the post office before, but I think it is time now because they really are pathetic. 

0 Cheers

Look on the bright side - at least you didn't get called into the Principal's office like IRonMaN! 😄

I had an obnoxiously busy day with several appointments and was just now getting my bag of popcorn and looking forward to reading the posts in the previous thread.  You can imagine my disappointment to see it was gone.  Now I can only wonder what I missed.  Mind you, I didn't understand the turn the thread took but I was hoping, like a great movie, everything would tie together before the happy ending.  Now that I have been denied that possibility, I think Intuit should refund to me a portion of the fees I paid.  The opportunity to participate in this community is a large part of why I pay Intuit the fees I pay.  After all, you don't think I would pay nearly $8k a year for a program that is continually broken without the ability to post freely, or at least what I though to be freely, here?

PATAX
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL 👍the best thing Intuit has going for it is the accountants community.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a sign in my office.  Today it reads - 3 days without being called to the principal’s office.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I wonder does the principal have a Napoleon Complex? Just wondering and just asking.

sjrcpa
Level 15

This morning a client called to ask if I received the additional documents I requested for her tax return. I hadn't. She said she mailed them about 10 days ago and they must have gotten lost in the mail. 

Later in the day the mail arrived and there they were. Postmarked March 5. They only traveled about 20 miles.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks Sue. I still haven't received the certified mail from Alaska. The mailman came today and said he didn't know anything about it. He called the post office and then I called. Big mess. They're supposed to bring it up today or tomorrow. What a joke