Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part year state allocation

Sljones1102
Level 2

How do I clear the error "part year state allocation worksheet w2 wages - TP allocation amount must be entered? I have the amounts but the system added an additional line and I can not delete it.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think that happens with entries from the W2 worksheet state lines, are they completed with all the state info?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think that happens with entries from the W2 worksheet state lines, are they completed with all the state info?

0 Cheers
Sljones1102
Level 2

Yes, I just double checked to ensure all of the information is there. For part of the year the client lived in TX. Maybe that's the issue since TX does not pay state taxes?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably, do you have TX listed in the state portion of the W2 worksheet? 

If not, Id enter it, use the Fed ID number (since TX doesnt have a state ID number) and put the TX wages and zero taxes withheld.   

If you do have it entered, will it let you remove it entirely and leave it all blank?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may have to uncheck that box to Automatically fill in the W2 worksheet, then it should let you leave the state portion blank.

0 Cheers
Sljones1102
Level 2

I had TX listed. I deleted it and the error went away. Thank you so very much!!!!!

vilson20
Level 1

I am unable to resolve the following error: Part-year state allocation worksheet: SE Tax - TP Source State must be entered. I have done multi state returns before and never had this issue. The W-2 is entered as it should be. CA income, residing in NY. Very odd.

0 Cheers