Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper filed corporate return

joemilz
Level 2

I want to file a paper corporate return, how do I do it without having "do not mail this form" or having "reference copy" written across the return

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
dkh
Level 15

Are you using the 2021 program, is that why it prints the "do not mail this form"  or  is the watermark box checked when you are printing ?

PATAX
Level 15

Joe, I have had many clients mail their corporate tax returns and I have never seen these messages print out... If you are using the new software for the 2021 tax returns then maybe you should wait a little bit to see if it is updated, since it is a little early ...Just my opinion... Happy New Year

joemilz
Level 2

I am trying to file a 2020 NJ S Corp on paper and It's giving me watermarks "Do Not Mail This Form" and "Reference Only"

0 Cheers
joemilz
Level 2

I am trying to file a 2020 NJ S Corp on paper and It's giving me watermarks "Do Not Mail This Form" and "Reference Only".  The watermark is unchecked.

PATAX
Level 15

Joe, check the State website. Maybe that return is now required to be efiled. Even if it is, some states have an election out of e-filing, if the client wants to mail it. If so,  there is probably a box somewhere on the return or in the software, that you check indicating that the client is opting out of e-filing and wishes to mail it. Hope this helps

PATAX
Level 15

Also make sure you've downloaded all the updates for the corporate returns

George4Tacks
Level 15

Is the return marked for e-file?  If so, remove that marking. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

George, what happened to your avatar? I think that was Johnny Carson...

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@IRonMaN was grousing about not having his "Stir the Pot" badge, so I thought I would share mine with him. Actually the old Avatar was "Busmac the Not So Great", a sorta homage to Johnny. 

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Make the hand move to stir.  I see only a utensil stuck in the pot.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
George4Tacks
Level 15

I aim to stir!

PATAX
Level 15

George, Happy New Year...and since it is New Years Day, there should be no stirring of the pot today... for tomorrow and rest of year, you can resume normal operating procedures... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!....

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Happy New Year to all. 

Rest well.  Eat lots.  Drink an extra shot or two if you don't drive.

Then, get up and embrace the new-normal tax season....

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Intuit STILL HAS NOT fixed the NJ Corp return! It still says "DO NOT FILE."

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
PATAX
Level 15

👍 years ago "do not file" was printing on the local wage tax returns for Pennsylvania entities, I just put a few lines through "do not file" and had the clients mail it... All of the returns were accepted...

sjrcpa
Level 15

He's stirring now!

Ex-AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Yes he is!!  Such an awesome sight!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

For anybody that is interested, we have added another class to our Intuit community education schedule:

Monday 6:30 pm - Introduction to Mind Reading

Tuesday 7:00 pm Sarcasm Basics

Wednesday: 6:45pm How to Survive a Lutefisk Dinner

Thursday - Advance Mind Reading (you should know the time if you are ready for the class)

Friday 7:30 pm - How to Stir the Pot Like a Pro

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I'm signing up, but only for the session "How to Stir the Pot Like Busmac the Not So Great".

IRonMaN
Level 15

You have to make arrangements with the teacher for personal lessons for that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers