Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Clips

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I have not had to buy many this year.  Most of my clients paper clip their papers together and the paper clips are left behind.  I use the paper clips for the local returns here in Ohio as those returns get mailed in and I paper clip an addressed envelope to the local return.  I really prefer using gold paper clips though which I did purchase and I provide those also as the gold clips and the silver clips are all in one tray so sometimes a gold clip I use and sometimes a silver clip I use.  I also like the jumbo clips as some of the client copies of tax returns are too thick for my new stapler to get through. 

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
dascpa
Level 11

I used to put on my annual tax law mailing there would be a penalty for using staples.  Everyone understood it to be a joke except one lady who called me up all pissed off.  What right do I have to charge a penalty for using a stapler.  The following year she bought me a 10-pack of paper clips as a gift.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Usually, most of the paper clips I get from clients get pitched as I am going through their stuff.  Some of them are rusty since I think they came over on the Mayflower.  Others are so small that they are useless other than "clipping" one piece of paper.  I also hate the ones with the "serrated" edges that lock on to paper like vise grips.  I only use the smooth jumbo paper clips, anything else is useless to me.  But in the future, instead of filling the local landfill I'll start throwing them in the "Jim" box and send them to you once the box is full 😉

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

I also hate the ones with the "serrated" edges that lock on to paper like vise grips.  I only use the smooth jumbo paper clips, anything else is useless to me. 

*** IRonMaN - you and I should be married.  We're the same person.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Now that thought is downright scary 😱

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: *** IRonMaN - you and I should be married.  We're the same person.

I vaguely remembered that the guidelines of this community (which I had to sign off for joining)  included "flirting is allowed, but marriage proposals are strictly prohibited.)  Or was it the guidelines for my other group?

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I just hope that he wasn't kneeling when he made that proposal.  With all of the paper clips scattered all over, he could have hurt himself kneeling on the floor.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I like to paper clip all of the good sujestions I get from intuit. Needless to say I only need a very small clip.