Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Local Tax Form

Thebandit
Level 3

Please Intuit explain why the PA local tax form is delayed yet another week into the what will be at least the 4th week in tax season.  There is no reason that this form that has not changed since the beginning of time can't be ready to print by January 1st.  Please help us, please allow it to print and let the preparer decide if it is able to be filed.  You cost us so much time and money by not making this form that can be filled out by a 5 year old not be able to print.  Other software providers have had this form available for weeks already.

45 Comments 45
LOUAWATT
Level 2

I agree.  This form NEVER changes!!!  It is one of the last forms released for processing and there is no reason for it!  It takes us so much extra time to pull up a pdf version of the local and manually fill it out.  It is the most cumbersome process ever!  For what we pay ProSeries in software fees, this form should be available to use, right away!  The form is basic and NEVER changes!!!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Intuit, fix this ASAP.  It costs us so much time and money!  THANK YOU!!!!

Postdot
Level 3

I was not happy with February 2nd, then yesterday February 9th. That is not acceptable. 
the form never changes. Release it already. 
Adds time needed to do other things. 
Maybe all of us PA users need to start filing a complaint with out credit card companies filing a dispute for lack of services. Bet when they get monies withheld we would get action. Just a thought. Been using Proseries at least 30 years. 

PATAX
Level 15

It is not like Pennsylvania is a little miniscule state with three tax professionals that use Pro Series. I would imagine Pennsylvania is in the top 10 for the number of Pro Series users. So why can't they take care of this matter, which is not complicated? Come on Intuit, I know you are better than this.

IRunFar
Level 3

Seriously ProSeries, either you are grossly incompetent, or you just don't care.  This is EVERY YEAR.  This needs to stop.  Clients have been bringing in their mailed copy for a couple weeks now, which means the form has long been approved.  As was mentioned, the form never changes, and unless there is a change to Act 32 (I think), it won't for the foreseeable future.  We all know that though, and you should too ProSeries.

***Meanwhile, if you have a prior version of ProSeries, open the client you are working on in the prior year.  Enter the new income information.  Override the year of the return in the upper right hand corner, change the due date, and you can print it out.  Better than doing them by hand, but still adds extra time and opportunity for mistakes, but it is a bit of a work-around.

Unforgiveable that you make us do this EVER SINGLE YEAR for at least the last 5-10 years.  We've been using it for 20 now, but this constant lack of attention has caused us to look elsewhere the past few years.  Unfortunately, unless someone knows of a better option, we continue to begrudgingly renew ProSeries.  The day a viable alternative arrives will be the day we leave.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I've said this many times before, but I will say it one more time.  The decision makers at Intuit have no clue what it is like to actually run a tax or accounting firm.  Time after time, they think as long as a form is ready by a due date, they are in good shape.  They have no concept as to how disruptive crap like this really is to someone in this business.  If you folks ever decide to go picket Intuit headquarters, let me know.  Out of the principle of things, I'll be happy to join you.  Heck, I'll even drive. 🏎

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I checked this day on Berkheimer website. Berkheimer is largest local wage tax collector in Pennsylvania. The form is there. Therefore why isn't it ready on Pro Series? Come on now, did someone drive on the little bus to school?😉🚍😉

Postdot
Level 3

It is also available on Keystone Collections and Jordan Tax Service. But not on something we pay for. 

tmbrook1040
Level 1

Agreed, this has to stop being an issue every year.  On the DCED (Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development) website, the generic local form for Pennsylvania hasn't changed since 4/2016.  Also, why can't Proseries provide the generic local estimated payment vouchers (form date hasn't changed since 3/2013).  Why does Intuit seem to be linking the generic local return to the Philadelphia forms Ready for print and Ready for efile dates?  They are two separate forms.  

BobKamman
Level 15

@Thebandit  says “Other software providers have had this form available for weeks already.”  You say “unless someone knows of a better option, we continue to begrudgingly renew ProSeries.” Which is it? We are back to the Lee Iacocca Thesis. “If you can find a better car, buy it.” For many years, that worked for Chrysler. Now, do we really want Fiat to buy Intuit?

Postdot
Level 3

Thanks for the tip on using the 2021 form.  We should not have to do this, but it is better than having to fill out another form.  

Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitGabi  This is crazy - this form never changes.  I spoke with both Berkheimer and the State of PA.  Someone is being lazy - all the have to do is release this form.  Why is it held up? 

Don't say waiting for approval.  How can I contact the Office of the President?

Dusty

IRonMaN
Level 15

They used to have a web page showing all of the important muckety mucks at Inuit with their contact information.  They must have decided that I was handing out that information too often and deleted that info.  You could always just keep using the @  every 15 minutes or so using the names of the Intuit employees that check in here.  I'm guessing someone will either eventually give some kind of response or ban you -------------- I'm not sure how much of a pest you have to be to get booted, but you might find out 😜

Slava Ukraini!
Postdot
Level 3

Notice the date changed back to February 2nd this morning.

PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for update postdot. for those using 2021 software to produce 2022 eit return, keep in mind that automatic backup will change that 2021 return to 2022 return. that is why it is good policy to have paper copies of all returns filed. 

Thebandit
Level 3

It's Ready, update your software!

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy filing! 
Hoping it's smooth sailing from here on out. 

For any other forms or printing questions, these might be some helpful links: 
Forms availability for ProSeries 
State requirements for printing draft forms from professional tax software
Forms Availability Frequently Asked Questions 

Why are other programs showing their forms available before mine?

At Intuit we work to provide high-quality content to avoid any extra work on your part.

While other programs may provide a form based on the prior year tax forms, which allows you to get started much quicker, it’s much more likely to result in a conversation with your client around amendment and changes in calculation.

0 Cheers
SeanS
Level 3

Update today to PA

Taxpayer Annual Local Earned Income form is final

However 

Return still has watermarks

This form is not eligible for 

E-filing 

When will this be corrected?

Thebandit
Level 3

I am on the phone with them right now!

dpatterson1171
Level 3

Yes this is frustrating for us PA tax return filers.  As mentioned this never was an E-File form only a completed to be printed out form.  I received updates it was completed but will not work for PDF file unless I uncheck if from Printing or PDF filing.  Going to the local collectors site is and duplicate is not productive.

I AM A PRO-SERIES BASIC USER.

Thebandit
Level 3

I use last years version, and override the year, change the numbers and print it out.

dpatterson1171
Level 3

I have had to use their fillable form for a couple of years now when this happens waiting and have not filed any returns to date waiting for this upgrade for the PA Local to work.  I quit waiting and starting begrudgingly been doing it so i don't have incomplete returns lying around but can't sit on all the ones coming in. 

Of all things the watermark on them too says DO NOT MAIL - E-FILE ONLY which is the exact opposite of what we do with it.  UGH! 

dpatterson1171
Level 3

I did 2 times on the Pro Series Basic.  Just did and get an error and water marks on it still.

time here is 4:25 pm EST.

Dusty2
Level 7

@IntuitGabi  can you check when this would be finalize?

Thanks,

Dusty

Thebandit
Level 3

No timeline, they said i will get an email when complete, but it has been escalated.  Whatever that means.

dpatterson1171
Level 3

Thanks for checking and getting back to us!   Will grudgingly continue with the vendors local form until then.  Hopefully they will change the form back to work in progress instead of looking like it's fixed we know!  Happy tax season! 

lferonti
Level 3

I don't know what the big deal is.  It's the same form every year.  

PATAX
Level 15

@lferonti 👍 it is not even a small deal. What a joke. Some people can make a German Shepherd out of a chihuahua (that's a play on Mountain out of molehill).

Thebandit
Level 3

Just override the year on last years software and change the numbers.

dpatterson1171
Level 3

If this helps, attached below are the PA local links that I have been using while the local forms have been having issues in ProSeries. These are the 2 I use the most. They are pdf downloads you can fill in the information and then print them out.  Hope this helps ease some of the pain till they fix it.  

This link is for Berkheimers:

FinalWEBDCEDFPM.pdf (hab-inc.com)

This link is for the Keystone Collections Group.  

EITR.pdf (keystonecollects.com)

zlatkoh1962
Level 1

Hi,

I still can't print local tax form for PA tax, and I can' print any forms for PA tax. What is happening?

0 Cheers
dpatterson1171
Level 3

They expedited to get the PA Local form updated so it can be printed.  If you want to print the state forms you must uncheck the local box prior to printing until they get it fixed.   Rather than wait for this to be fixed, I have been using each of the locals' websites and using their download fillable forms until such time.  If you look back at one of my prior messages, I sent a link for completing the locals for 2 collectors:  Berkheimer's and Keystone Collections Group.  Others can be found as well.  Hope the helps and hoping you have the patience to wait this out as it should not have been an issue that is hard to fix.

dpatterson1171
Level 3

If you want to "print" a copy to use that copy to transfer to the online locals as I just mentioned, you can print a non-usable copy by going the local tab int the state program and right clicking telling it to print.  It will print on that page with watermarks just will not print from the Print tab where you do your full printing.

This is what I did and then copied that info to the online form rather than wait.

cpastav
Level 2

When it this problem getting fixed?  I still have a watermark on the local form.  Have you heard anything?  My system is all up to date!

cpastav
Level 2

The watermark still exists on the local return.  When is this going to get truly fixed?

cpastav
Level 2

Any word on this fix?  Watermark still exists 2/3/24.

Thebandit
Level 3

Please everyone call them and complain like I did. Maybe this will make it more of a priority for them. I am calling again today.

pspivcpa
Level 1

The local form is NOT ready as of Saturday 02/03/24.  I was supposed to get an email update yesterday - still no update - still can’t print without the wording.

PATAX
Level 15

If my memory serves me correct, it was not until approximately February 7th last year that this issue was fixed.

Thebandit
Level 3

AS OF 02/03/2024 AT 4PM THERE IS NO TIMELINE FOR WHEN THIS WILL BE RESOLVED

cpastav
Level 2

When the "F" is Proseries going to resolve this watermark issue on the local EIT returns?  Ridiculous already....it's the same form for the past 50 years!!!  Extremely frustrating!!!

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stay up to date with News and Updates. Subscribe to the News and Updates board for email notifications on the topics shared. 
Shared yesterday: 2023 Pennsylvania Local Tax Forms Watermark Issue

Bookmark Trending Topics or Subscribe to News and Updates. Here's how: 

Reject.jpg
Hope this helps! Let others  know this is helpful by pressing the thumbs up or selecting "Accept as solution"

0 Cheers
Thebandit
Level 3

Amen, it appears to be corrected!!!!!!!!

sjrcpa
Level 15

@Thebandit You were post 42. It must be the answer!

Ex-AllStar
Scuba
Level 3

Praise the Lord!  The PA local tax return watermark issue has been resolved!  

PATAX
Level 15

If my memory serves me correctly, last year it was corrected on approximately February 7, this year approximately same date February 6. 🤔