Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA local income tax form

Thank you for that, Postdot. 

The rep I spoke to said "...they're(?) doing an investigation.." a rather murky excuse!

DJD

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN looks like your posts have had the effects that I thought they would.

PATAX
Level 15

you mean you have plural teams working on this? God Almighty how hard can this simple thing be to fix?

PATAX
Level 15

@Art Robinson WAMS I like the choice of that word murky

jetlumac
Level 3

Well….on the positive side they released the form to print…so you have something to key in from when you jump to either the 22 version to override …or to the tax site itself and hope for a fill in printable form…

I wonder what attributes they look for when hiring….hmmm….

0 Cheers

The problem is on Phila SIT and on PA Locals

Where's the fix?

Groundhog Day been and gone. 

DJD

0 Cheers

Ruben::are you aware that the Phila SIT has the same issue?

DJD

0 Cheers
jetlumac
Level 3

Looks like another week of Groundhog Day...same story every day...

Honeybunners1
Level 1

Well, whatever update they were doing still didn't fix it as of this morning. Ridiculous!! I think I need another program next year. This is every year and the form does not change from year to year. I don't understand.

EDauerman
Level 3

I decided to go the old fashion way 

I mailed Philadelphia and Chester using their website forms and removed from Proseries

EDauerman
Level 3

I whited out the do not mail, copied, scanned whole return. A nuisance.

jetlumac
Level 3

Try this:

Print the return 

Jump to 2022 - Override the year from 22 to 23 - Override the figures...- make sure outcome is the same....print 3 copies...don't save file...

And you have your fileable form....

LYPTUS
Level 1

I have the same issue with PA local. Update did NOT work.

MikeA
Level 1

This should have taken about 2 minutes, 2 weeks ago.

cjmcglinn
Level 3

Yes.  That is what I am doing.  I am calculating in the 2023 program and then opening up the 2022 program and putting the forms side by side on the screen and transferring the information to the 2022 program and hitting the print button.  There is no way I can hold a volume of returns waiting for a patch.

I did see, in years past, when the local return was not up and running in a timely manner, that there was someone who posted who claimed to have worked for Intuit in the past.  The individual indicated that Pennsylvania was not high on the priority list as a whole and that is why the state and local forms were not updated, corrected, and active in a timely manner.  Other states took priority like New York, California, etc.  I don't know .  But this issue is a constant issue year after year.

0 Cheers
co
Level 3

No reply or update received as of Tues 02/06/24 12:34p ET.

I contacted Office of President (OOP) >>

https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/?cid=executives_intuit_click_us_oop-f...

Case number: OOP-0025440

Quote: " the problem and why I contacted the OOP ....

1. I have problem #1 :printing a CRUCIAL form for Pennsylvania CPAs resulting in Preventing CPA from effectively, efficiently and professionally serving our clients.
  2. Problem #2 >> the PA Tax filing due date NOT printing on the client letter. I reported this problem in 2020, 2021, and 2022. YOUR support staff told me " you do not need that to print when there is no tax due" Really? your support staff is going to tell a PA CPA what I (we ) need to do to effectively, professionally serve our clients ??

Why Contact OOP?

Because I was told I would receive updates re progress of the case. - I have no such reports.

AND #2 one of my problems has been UNSOLVED for over 4 years ! ...

I learned from a former Intuit employee in programming and support: (quote) " Pennsylvania is not a priority to Intuit when establishing what programming fixes are addressed first .. " (quote / unquote)

IF PA Practitioners are not worth the service attention we deserve, then have the Integrity and character to say so and stop patronizing us with disingenuous statements like " we understand how you feel ... we are working on it ... etc.

mchwd
Level 3

As a work around, I've been saving as a PDF and then using the edit feature to delete the overlay.

0 Cheers
rpscranton
Level 3

Hey, FINALLY.  My 2023 locals are printing with no watermark

Thanks all of you for keeping me updated and to those who bugged the HELL out of ProSeries

Roger

co
Level 3

Problem #1 fixed.

Problem #2 - NOT fixed. >>> Problem #2 >> the PA Tax filing due date NOT printing on the client letter. I reported this problem in 2020, 2021, and 2022. PS support staff told me " you do not need that to print when there is no tax due" Really? .... PS support staff is going to tell a PA CPA what I (we) need to do to effectively, professionally serve our clients ??

We'll / I 'll see how PA users are respected by PS Mgt. Yes that includes the OOP.

Respectfully just telling it how I perceive it.

co

co
Level 3

I received following from PS Support re: Problem #1:

"You spoke to Amber regarding an unexpected behavior experienced in Intuit ProSeries Professional. We promised to send you periodic updates on case number 15111864244 to keep you informed. Below is the latest update:

The unexpected behavior with the Pennsylvania Local Earned Income Tax Return printing with the watermark, \"Do Not Mail,\" has been resolved in a recent update of the ProSeries program. Please update your ProSeries program by going to the Updates menu and selecting update installed products.

No further updates are scheduled for this Investigation. This will be our final communication for case number 15111864244

We thank you for your patience.
Intuit Customer Success

(no news yet about Problem #2)

0 Cheers
Michelle7
Level 3

Hi Ruben,

Any update on when the PA local error will be corrected?

jetlumac
Level 3

i believe this was fixed today...I no longer have the watermark

IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Resolved: 2023 Pennsylvania Local Tax Forms Watermark Issue

To get email notifications on News and Updates, Subscribe to the ProSeries News and Updates board.
Here's how- 

Reject.jpg

For a quick update at a glace, bookmark ProSeries Trending topics 

co
Level 3

As of Today March 1st ....The following problem is still unresolved AND most disturbing NO contact from PS Support even acknowledging " We are working on it ... we know how you feel ... etc etc etc

co_0-1709303361379.jpeg

co
Level 3

3 weeks ago

No reply or update received as of Tues 02/06/24 12:34p ET.

I contacted Office of President (OOP) >>

https://www.intuit.com/company/contact/office-of-the-president/?cid=executives_intuit_click_us_oop-f...

Case number: OOP-0025440

Quote: " the problem and why I contacted the OOP ....

1. I have problem #1 :printing a CRUCIAL form for Pennsylvania CPAs resulting in Preventing CPA from effectively, efficiently and professionally serving our clients.
  2. Problem #2 >> the PA Tax filing due date NOT printing on the client letter. I reported this problem in 2020, 2021, and 2022. YOUR support staff told me " you do not need that to print when there is no tax due" Really? your support staff is going to tell a PA CPA what I (we ) need to do to effectively, professionally serve our clients ??

Why Contact OOP?

Because I was told I would receive updates re progress of the case. - I have no such reports.

AND #2 one of my problems has been UNSOLVED for over 4 years ! ...

I learned from a former Intuit employee in programming and support: (quote) " Pennsylvania is not a priority to Intuit when establishing what programming fixes are addressed first .. " (quote / unquote)

IF PA Practitioners are not worth the service attention we deserve, then have the Integrity and character to say so and stop patronizing us with disingenuous statements like " we understand how you feel ... we are working on it ... etc.

"

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

Hi @Smitty 

I have a new client from PA. I filed his return and not familiar with this part : Taxpayer Annual Local Earned Income Tax Return.

Should I mark the box and find out the credit?

On his W-2 I see number on box 19 and box 20 is PHILA.

What should I do for this form, I need your help please. If this form should give it  to client, what is next step for client, where should mail it? Can the client apply for credit online?

How to find a link to apply it? should be registered first? Thanks your help!

PA LOCAL.png

0 Cheers
Smitty
Level 3

When entering W2 info on Federal return, scroll down until you see "local income tax"....enter wages and withholding for local tax in boxes 18, 19 & 20 on W2. Box 20 is location where client lives. When transferring info to PA return, the local form should be shown there. Click on it and it should have transferred local wages into local form, etc. That should be good. 

0 Cheers
HOPE2
Level 8

@Smitty Thousands thanks.

Let me know, should I email it to client and client upload it on tax collector of his local?

Or I can tell them the numbers and then they can enter the numbers on the Tax collector website by themself so my information very bottom is not important as a proof, I would like to know? 

Can they take credit even they were resident in New Jersey, non resident of PA, but they have numbers on 19?

Thank you so much!

0 Cheers
Scuba
Level 3

Hi Hope2!

When I prepare the local wage tax return for the client, I confirm the tax collector for the client's resident municipality.  You can confirm this here:  

Municipal Statistics

You will type the client's address in the "Home Address" section and I always use the client's address for the "Work Address" section as well.  The local wage tax is based on the client's municipality of residence.  Once you click on "View Information", you will see who the tax collector is for the "EIT" tax (Earned Income Tax).  Note that the PSD code you would use on the local tax form is the Home PSD code.  You can find the address for the tax collector as well.  I usually type that in at the bottom of the local wage tax return, print it and attach the Copy 2 of the W-2 to the return.  (Also a Schedule UE, if one is prepared for the PA-40, as well.)   Generally, you will not have a balance due on this return because of the rules passed in 2012 in PA, but if Sch C income, then you will have a balance due.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

LAS

0 Cheers
Scuba
Level 3

P.S.  Yes, they can take the credit but would have to attach PA Sch G/L to the local wage tax return.

0 Cheers
Scuba
Level 3

Hope2,

You will also need to confirm the local wage tax rate, which you can find on the link provided earlier.  Enter that on the local wage tax form (local PA tax) form.

0 Cheers