Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Allocation Question

Joel V
Level 3

My client is filing a nonresident PA state return. He had some capital gains income, none of which was attributable to PA. I've marked on the federal allocation worksheet for PA capital gains number to be zero, along with other types of income. Everything still showed up as taxable on the PA return. The rest of the income was an easy fix to get rid of, but I can't figure out how to make the capital gains income nontaxable on the PA nonresident return. Please help!

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15

If my memory serves me correctly, a colleague had a similar issue this year like yours, and spent a lot of time trying to get it to work. If the allocation worksheet does not work, can you do a direct override? If so, then maybe you can e-file the return with disabled error checking. Other than that, then you may have to paper file.