Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORIGINAL RETURN CHANGED AFTER FILING

Olympus Tax
Level 3

INTUIT HAS DONE IT AGIAN, THE ORIGINAL FILED RETURN IN THE SOFTWARE IS CHANGED FROM THE RETURN AS FILED.. '

THE SOFTWARE IS ELIMINATING ALL CASH CONTRIBUTIONS THAT ARE NOT LISTED ON THE "SMART WORK SHEET" 

HAVE THEY LOST THEIR MIND. WHY IS THE SOFTWARE CHANGING A COMPLETED AND SIGNED RETURN. 

PROSERIES AND INTUIT HAVE SOME EXPLAINING  TO DO!!!!!

7 Comments 7
ljr
Level 8

I was just about to post that the charities for the standard deduction is not working. It doesn't flow and doesn't come up as an error message. You can manually put it in but you better remember yourself. How come every time they fix or update something they break something that was working. 

0 Cheers
Olympus Tax
Level 3

I am formally requesting an explanation from the office of the Vice President of Intuit ProSeries

How does a software that is as expensive as the Professional ProSeries changes a return after it has been signed and filed. the accepted return in the E center has the correct numbers however the "original return" in the software has changed. 

how are we supposed to trust a software that is changing supposed embedded numbers and information in the Original Return. 

the return is eliminating any charity that is not placed directly in the Smart work sheet

Please HELP!!!

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I was hit by this too.. not good

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Go to your forms tab in the open client file, select forms in use, then select original return amounts as e-filed.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Camp1040
Level 10

eewwh! not good.

0 Cheers
Al007
Level 3

Thank you for that information.  But how would I know it changed when I open the file unless I had a photographic memory.  Also, isn't there a "warning" that comes up as a worksheet alerting you that you are changing what was initially filed?  There was no alert or warning or error message to let the preparer know Pro-Series decided to work in my office, go into my computer, and change returns I filed.  I guess that "employee" deserves to be fired.

0 Cheers