Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio School District withholding

Business Clinic
Level 2

Has anyone else noticed that proseries is including local (city) wages and withholdings (boxes 18 and 19) on the Ohio state schedule of school district withholding when in fact they are not school district wages or withholdings? Haven't seen this happen in previous years and wondering if there is a work around at this point and if there will be a fix.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee

This issue has been reported to our development department and a correction is tentatively scheduled to be released on February 9, 2023.  This issue is only generating the SD WH so it should not impact the calculation on the SD 100 itself. 

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I  prepare a lot of school returns and the school on the W-2 input is treated as a local tax even though it is not truly a local tax.  Enter the four digit school code for the locality name. 

Business Clinic
Level 2

Yes I live in a school district with a tax and am familiar with the four digit code.

The issue is that proseries is picking up city amounts in areas without a school district tax and filling out the schedule of School district withholdings with the amounts and sending in with state e-file.

No SD 100 filed, just the schedule of withholdings.

mdpleiman
Level 2

Have the same problem.  No matter what you put in the local description, it is reporting it as school district withheld and printing it with the Ohio.  

0 Cheers
IntuitRichard
Employee
Employee

This issue has been reported to our development department and a correction is tentatively scheduled to be released on February 9, 2023.  This issue is only generating the SD WH so it should not impact the calculation on the SD 100 itself. 

mikevacc
Level 2

Thank you as I have noticed and posted about this issue too. I will be holding all returns that have city (local) tax withholding until the fix comes out.