Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio Rita From 37 municipals need updated !!

taxman1
Level 4

Ohio RITA From 37 is missing city codes for newly added municipals !!   Particularly Urbana Ohio.  And it needs to be added to the federal w2 screen also.  I called support and they were absolutely no help !!  Said to post it here.  What is the point of phone support if they will not let the coders know they are missing cities from Ohio RITA form 37 and W2 screen ?  Hopefully someone from support or a coder will chime in on this thread !!!   

7 Comments 7
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@taxman1 hi taxman.. I am in contact occassionaly with the intuit rep that handles ohio.. i copied and pasted your comment in an email to her and she said she will look at this Friday morning. 

taxman1
Level 4

Thanks Jim !!!  Life Saver !!  I was so frustrated with the support person today saying to post here.  Been using Proseries for decades and phone support use to actually escalate glitches or missing entities.  Just venting.  Been a busy Thursday.  Have a great weekend Jim !!  

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

i'll be working this weekend.  if you see any other ohio side issues let me know and i can pass them on.  i don't think the school return will be changed. I just think it works differently now. 

taxman1
Level 4

I will be working too.  No days off this time of year as you probably know.  Though I hope to go out to Texas Roadhouse !!!  Need a steak !!

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@taxman1 hey taxman.. did they add the city you needed to RITA yet?

taxman1
Level 4

No they still have not added new RITA municipals.  I just manually input tax rates and credits allowed.  Going to try Drake after this season.  Get their demo.  With them you can efile RITA !!!  All Proseries needs to do is contact RITA and get updates and also maybe talk to them about efiling.  But that will be a cold day in hell 🙂  Anyway thanks for your help with contacting your rep.

taxman1
Level 4

Finally added new municipals to Rita.  But still missing on federal W2 location codes.  But no big deal there.  Everything can be done on the Rita form.