Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY State S-Corp Extension E-file

denslowtax
Level 2

How do I e-file a New York State Form CT-5.4, Request for Six-Month Extension to File New York S Corporation Franchise Tax Return?   Does ProSeries Support this? (It's more likely that I'm overlooking something obvious.) 

I keep getting the "verify client data" FWIW.

Any advice?

--Rick

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
denslowtax
Level 2

Works as hoped. NY 1120S appears to be a module where you must check either “original return” or “extension,” but not both. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Does your software have a column for extensions? Can you check the box for NY Efiling? Mine does.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
denslowtax
Level 2

Think I *may* have a solution, at least to part of the puzzle.

My choices in the state pick list are: New York, New York Corporation, and New York City (top to bottom).

I had checked both the Original Return and Extension columns for all three.  Then I cleared the three checks in the Original Return column. That appears to let one send the extensions  for both New York State and New York City to intuit and thence to the state.  I'll let you know how this turns out. 

0 Cheers
denslowtax
Level 2

Works as hoped. NY 1120S appears to be a module where you must check either “original return” or “extension,” but not both. Thanks for the help.

0 Cheers