Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to e-file Ohio School District SD100 in Proseries 2023

Business Clinic
Level 2

In Proseries 2023 on the State of Ohio Information Worksheet the Ohio SD100 Return will be filed electronically box is automatically unchecked and I have to override it to check the box.

When I go to e-file in the return shows up in the choose returns to electronically file the SD100 shows up but says the SD100 is not ready and to please verify the client data in this return.

Is anyone else having problems with the SD100?

Am I missing something, when I run final review and check for errors there are none.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Ohio SD 100 can indeed be efiled.. there is a new drop down selection for the SD 100 in section VI on the federal information worksheet 

View solution in original post

26 Comments 26
sjrcpa
Level 15

"....says the SD100 is not ready"

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

This question leads me to ask - what does under 17 mean?

Slava Ukraini!
glomos
Level 2

Mine says it is ready to efile but intuit says it's not. Under review it say the SD100 will not be efiled but to print a copy and hand it to my client. It's always something every year. So frustrating!!! Just because it's not efile ready, it shouldn't say it won't be efiled, to print a copy and hand to my client! I used the override button at well, but it still says it will not be efiled.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Ohio SD 100 can indeed be efiled.. there is a new drop down selection for the SD 100 in section VI on the federal information worksheet 

glomos
Level 2

Oh my gosh!! Thank you Jim. NOBODY told me this at support. UGH

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I found out from @taxman .. big find since i do a lot of SD 100s

Business Clinic
Level 2

Thank you Jim.

I never would have guessed to look for that.

0 Cheers
JCE
Level 1

Thank you. I called customer support also and they just said they were working on it. I appreciate  you sharing!

0 Cheers
Niccia
Level 2

Even with the OH SD 100 selected in the federal program and the file electronically box checked - the data is not populating in the actual return.  I have updated my program and it lists the form as e-file ready.  Any suggestions?

0 Cheers
Niccia
Level 2

Even with the OH SD 100 selected in the federal program and the file electronically box checked - the data is not populating in the actual return.  I have updated my program and it lists the form as e-file ready.  Any suggestions?

whizbank
Level 2

I had to fill in the smart worksheet and put in the SD info before it would do the return, which was a pain in the **** especially since it was only 1 SD, nothing computed until I did that. This is the new you can put more than one SD on a return, but, when there is only one it would be nice if it would fill in that information and then let you adjust from there. It will be nice to see if anyone else comes up with a better solution.

0 Cheers
dgayled
Level 3

I looked at section VI on the fed info form and I do not see that. Are you sure that is when it is at? What does it say and will it check that box that allows for e- filing? I have not had any problem with my other returns….just one. Should I try to upload last years state info into this year again?

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

It's there.. part VI, make sure box File stat or city returns electonically is checked  under the State(s) box, assuming you are going to efile Ohio as well as School, Select Ohio on the first row and select Ohio SD 100 on the second row

dgayled
Level 3

Ok I chose OSD ON MY SECOND LINE, And the box is checked for  state or city returns and my SD100 form is still blank. Now what?

Niccia
Level 2

Go to the SD100 and fill in the SD residency and income worksheet.  After you enter the dates it will then populate the taxpayer info.  You still have to enter the amount for either earnings base or traditional base.   

danthetaxman
Level 3

You are correct, but it still won't efile the SD 100 (after selecting it in the Federal program) unless you open the State program and then re-save the client!  This is terrible.  It's efiled the School tax automatically with the State of Ohio for 15 years. Why the change now?  ProSeries needs to notify every tax preparer of this travesty asap!

0 Cheers
danthetaxman
Level 3

IN ADDITION TO THE "WORK AROUND" (ADDING ANOTHER STATE (SD) IN THE FEDERAL INFO SHEET TO BE EFILED, YOU HAVE TO INDICATE IN A SEPARATE PLACE THAT YOU WANT THE SCHOOL DISTRICT INCOME "DIRECT DEPOSITED". THEN, YOU HAVE TO CHECK TO USE THE SAME BANK ACCOUNT AS THE STATE REFUND.  THIS IS TERRIBLE THAT PROSERIES DID THIS TO US!  THERE WILL BE THOUSANDS OF SCHOOL TAX RETURNS THAT WON'T GET EFILED OR DIRECT DEPOSITED.  

0 Cheers
dgayled
Level 3

I am just hoping I went back and caught all the returns that had school tax. I had one that actually said it had already been sent. That was my first one. I knew that one wasn’t working right, so I hope it did in fact got sent.

0 Cheers
danthetaxman
Level 3

Look at the Homebase.  If there is only two lines, (Federal and Ohio) then it didn't get sent! Go in and do the 10 things you need to do and then E-file the School tax form.  This is a travesty by ProSeries!

dgayled
Level 3

That’s exactly what I did and then tried to check the box and file. It says this school firm is already filed. So I am sure it went on that first day, just like the old way. It was between glitches I guess. Anyways the guy only owes $3 so I am not too worried.

0 Cheers
Debst99
Level 3

Entered the SD100 in the drop box under VI and it still doesn't activate the school district return even though it says to activate.  Why is ProSeries charging us so much and all these problems?  Please help me somebody.

LizPS
Level 4

Well that took some searching...now I go to the State, transferred in last year and the school district report isn't populating.  Another return I just finished worked perfectly?

0 Cheers
adplank
Level 1

online SD 100 program is not entering correct information to give the correct tax require to pay.

0 Cheers
ohiocpa17
Level 2

Jim, is this in Proseries Professional? I only complete the returns I have to in Professional and the rest in Basic - I don't see this option in Basic? 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I never used Basic.. so not sure

0 Cheers
LizPS
Level 4

It's there...it's tricky.  On main INFO WORKSHEET where you indicate which state(s) you are going to eFile there is now an option in the dop down menu for Ohio SD100.  Then when you get to SD return it won't populate until you enter that taxpayer has lived in district 1/1/23-12/31/23 or whatever dates.  Someone made this much more complicated this year for some reason but now that I found it I'm on a roll.

0 Cheers