Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NJ S Corp Retrurn

claverty
Level 2

ny error message says must upload form 500 as a PDF ? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Cpa-flyer 10
Level 2

I just went through this with Pro Series yesterday. Wasted 2 hours of my time with an agent who eventually said they will have to escalate to a level 2 support person who would get back to me (that has not happened yet). I was explaining that I believe this to be a system issue as it effects ALL my S-corps problem is when people report these problems the support agents have no info and can't even tell if their technical programmers are even working ion it. WASTES SO MUCH TIME for us and them.  

The stupid error message asks for  an NJ 500S to be attached which does not even apply to any of the returns I've done. 

Basically,  Pro Series released this program without checking for common errors is my opinion. If someone there tried to prepare a return to check they would likely have seen this. They need to have a message board that acknowledges system errors and post it so at least we know they are going to fix it. 

Accountant-Man
Level 13

Just print a blank NJ 500 S to pdf and attach it.

NJ also needs a NJ 160A pdf attached.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Cpa-flyer 10
Level 2

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying New Jersey requires these forms or are you suggesting this as a work around for the program. error. Why would you need to have an NOL form attached when there are no losses?

0 Cheers
claverty
Level 2

thank you. So i guess we are waiting 

0 Cheers
Cpa-flyer 10
Level 2

Unfortunately, today's NJ Corporate update was another disappointment and did not correct this basic problem.

Also, I still have not received a call back  from tier 2 support from last Thursday either. Very disappointed in their  lack of response.  

I'll reply if I ever get an answer from them or if magically another update appears and fixes this. 

0 Cheers
Cpa-flyer 10
Level 2

My final reply to this is from ProSeries whIch states:

"The behavior you have reported regarding the PDF attachment on NJ S-Corporation returns has been reported. After further review we have determined that this is working as designed and is the intended behavior. The user must attach both the Form 500S and 500 Worksheet as PDFS to clear the error and transmit the return."

Working as designed??  That's ridiculous and  completely fails to assume responsibility for an error message due to faulty programming on their part.  THIS FORM IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOU DON"T HAVE A LOSS. The work around which I eventually  figured out on my own is to  not check for errors when transmitting the NJ. return.  No need to go through the needless gyration the "programmers" say is necessary. State of NJ has accepted my returns filed this way which proves the program error.

VERY disappointed in the response by Pro Series and their failure to admit and correct their error.   
0 Cheers
JH6
Employee
Employee

I have reported this issue to the team. It will be corrected in a future release. 

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Software might be the problem, but so what? Attaching a blank form?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Cpa-flyer 10
Level 2

The point is that the forms are not required, and don't need to be attached.  All you need to do is uncheck "error checking " and transmit the returns . All mine were accepted when done that way. Why make extra work for people ?

0 Cheers