Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millions and millions

PATAX
Level 15

Per email that I received, according to the email the IRS had the following unprocessed returns at the end of December: 6 million unprocessed 1040 returns,, 2.3 million 1040 X returns, 2 million 941 and 941X returns,  and about 5 million pieces of taxpayers correspondence! Some of the submissions date to April and many taxpayers are still waiting for refunds. And deep concern about the upcoming filing season was expressed. Happy New Year, and out with the old and in with the old. Just my opinion.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"and about 5 million pieces of taxpayers correspondence!"

You can't call them and you can't write to them.  Do they still have telegraph service?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
well they made good progress, back in November is was closer to 16million unprocessed 1040s

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Yep you are right they did make good progress, unless you are one of the Unlucky ones that are still waiting.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"and about 5 million pieces of taxpayers correspondence!"

You can't call them and you can't write to them.  Do they still have telegraph service?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Not sure but I heard they still have carrier pigeon.

George4Tacks
Level 15

BUT they still are able to send out notices and billing that doesn't reflect the return that is in the envelope they haven't ordered. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

you hit the nail on the head George... I have to go now, I hear a song playing on the whack phone: "money for nothing....checks for free"....

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

LOL

And all this time I always thought it was something else than "Checks"

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Unprocessed at the end of December:

6 million unprocessed 1040 returns,

2.3 million 1040 X returns,

2 million 941 and 941X returns,  and

about 5 million pieces of taxpayers correspondence! 

I wonder how the above numbers compared to pre-COVID years (e.g. December 2019)

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
PATAX
Level 15

That's a real good question. I would say it was probably 1/4 of those figures, I do not remember hearing much about it being too backed up, pre covid-19...