Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

massachusetts state tax program

Joe Carter
Level 3

I haven't been able to download and install Massachusetts tax program

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
sjrcpa
Level 15
Joe Carter
Level 3

Usually you can download the program a month before the filing date.  When I do the updates Mass does not download.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a new year and Intuit has found a new way to piss off its customers.  When you check out the release date page, it tells you when the form will be ready to print which this year evidently means the date it will be ready for download.

Slava Ukraini!
dan3322
Level 2

I am having the same issue. In the past the state would download and you could enter information you just couldn’t file until the state was ready to efile. This year all other states that I need have been downloaded with the exception of Massachusetts. It’s BS 

I am going to call customer support tomorrow and see what “excuse” they will spew 

VERY FRUSTRATING for a 3 grand software package 

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

I think the state just recently finished incorporating the 4% millionaires' tax into its tax forms for 2023....so I'm guessing the tax software companies won't be far behind.

dan3322
Level 2

Thanks for the info Rocky!!

jimshab79
Level 1

3k i pay 12k and cant get Mass too busy with turbo tax to take care of us

0 Cheers
Massaran
Level 1

It's January 25th and the Massachusetts is still not available.  We Proseries users are the **bleep** children.  The forms are available for Lacerte and Proconnect.

Bill

0 Cheers
TrishF
Level 1

Same here!  It hasn't been like this in the past.  very frustrating.  There is data that could be entered that are not effected by the changes.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The sun hasn't even set so the 25th isn't over quite yet.

Slava Ukraini!
Massaran
Level 1

Your truly an optimistic person, a trait not common to people in the tax prep field.   I personally am upset because I have just had to cancel six client appointments.  

Bill

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just a realist.  Just because Intuit says that something will be ready on a certain date rarely means that it will be ready at the crack of dawn.  If it is something that I am waiting for I just plan for it on the day after what they have listed.  If it is there early, I just act pleasantly surprised.

Slava Ukraini!
dan3322
Level 2

I called tech support yesterday, all Massauchusetts returns EXCEPT personal income tax have downloaded. They said personal income tax should download on 1/31/24. What a crock of you know what. The pile of returns on my office floor has begun to get larger by the day..... 

0 Cheers