Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MA -0- or Negative Income

dascpa
Level 11

Got an email from MA Dept of Revenue - client had a 2022 K-1 with a $750,000 loss, which created -0- taxable income.  E-file was rejected for having a number "-0- or below".  Had the client mail in the return.  MA DOR will not accept a mailed in return - it MUST be e-filed.  They also want me to get ProSeries to fix this issue (uh, yeah....).  I can't be the first preparer with negative income.  Any workarounds?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Drake?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I think Massachusetts is a "stand alone" state.  Have you tried e-filing the State WITHOUT the Federal?

dascpa
Level 11

Thanks but that's not the issue.  It transmitted fine.  It was rejected by MA for the -0- or below income line.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

It was rejected by MA

If it was rejected by MA, it isn't a ProSeries or Intuit issue.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any work around if the state is rejecting it, except maybe waiting a few weeks for them to work out the 'bugs' (or asking for a supervisor (or a supervisor's supervisor) at the MA Department of Revenue).

0 Cheers