Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to transfer client's 2020 info from intuit home and business to pro series for efiling?

Lizzy042991
Level 1

i've entered all info for filing client 1040's for 2020 in home & business software but then ran out of e filings (if you dont know, we are limited to five individuals returns for e filing from turbo tax software per tax season). So i bought pro series for additional e filings. everything is done just have to e file.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
As a tax professional youre NOT ALLOWED to use TurboTax for client returns. Youre in violation of the licensing agreement.It has no option to input your paid preparer information.

You wont be able to Efile with Proseries unless you have an EFIN either.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Lizzy042991
Level 1

Hi Lisa thanks for your quick response.

I’ve been using turbo tax since the cows came home but this is my first year using pro series. I am a CPA in NJ and file returns in a very small arena. I have a EFIN. I have prepared several 2020 1040s but ran out of e file-ability . So now I want to transfer those returns over to pro series intact and e file without having to do them all over again! Regards 

ps my great grandmother raised tortoises so for some reason that explains my affection for turtles 

PS my great grandmother raised Torr

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Paid preparers arent allowed to use Turbotax for client returns, it has no place to input your paid preparer information.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Lizzy042991
Level 1

Roger

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I have prepared several 2020 1040s but ran out of e file-ability"

I think I would stop posting this on the internet.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers