Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irs notice 2014-7

Geotmongar
Level 1

I'm new to pro series and im using pro series basic,how do i enter Medicaid waiver payment of w-2 to excluded the income? which section i have to go and enter? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive always made the adjustment on the Other Income line of the 1040 (in the olden days it was Line 21 of the 1040, Im not sure which line number it is on this new 1040), entered as a negative with the explanation 'Excluded wages per IRS Notice 2014-7.

I dont use Basic, so I can't direct you where to go.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Geotmongar
Level 1

i'm doing return of qualified medicaid wavier payments(which they have w2). when i go other income section of schedule 1 , it will take me to schedule 1 line 8. again when i try to enter other income section it will take me to 1099-Misc. i don't know what's the right way?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There are many other types of situations that go on that Other Income line that don't have a 1099MISC attached to them, so Im not sure why you keep getting stuck there.

Do you have something called an Other Income Statement?

@George4Tacks I know you dabble around in ProSeries Pro as well as Lacerte, do you speak Basic too?  can you help guide to the correct spot?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers