Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link Lost Data

ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

I have been using Intuit Link for 4 years now. I loved it until about 2 weeks ago.

All of a sudden, Intuit Link started "losing" my clients. I would go in to send or receive something from a client, and the client's name would be there, but it would say "Not Invited." However, I know the client was not only invited, but accepted the invite, AND THERE SHOULD BE 4 YEARS WORTH OF DATA THERE!!!!!

Now, because it says "Not invited," there's no data. No requests. No documents. Nothing. It's completely gone.

I've called Customer Service 5 times now, and they have no clue what's going on. One agent told me to try uninviting and then reinviting them. I did that, and the client re-accepted the re-invite, but now it's a totally blank link, with nothing in it. The documents are still gone. The requests are gone. Everything is gone. The client is pissed, because now they have to scan everything in again. I don't blame them for being pissed. I'm beyond pissed myself.

Needless to say, I won't be uninviting and reinviting anyone. For now, I'm just leaving them alone and hoping Intuit finds my data. 

I can't believe I'm the only one who is noticing this. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, have you figured out how to solve it? If so, how? If not, would you be willing to come forward for a class action suit? 

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I just don't think you will get a bunch of people here saying they have the same problem.  There are just not a lot of questions about Link on here.  Maybe it is because people that use it don't have a lot of problems with it; or maybe not that many community members use it.  Maybe someone on the facebook ProSeries page knows how to get the documents back.  

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

all I can think to look at it is when you are in link on the left hand side there is a dropdown menu showing the years. Are you in 2023? or did it somehow get changed to an older year? what if you pick 2022 or 2021 does your client appear there?

0 Cheers
ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Unfortunately that is not the problem. 😞

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I’ve been using link for 4 or 5 years…. Haven’t lost info (yet)….. couple of times I’ve had to resend invitations but info has always been there…. Any chance there was a change in client email address? Link seems to be finicky when updating email 

FWIW, i keep separate folder for each client with ALL the data they send through link or paper we scan… very quick and easy to download.  Always a bit skeptical about things like this…. Actually…. I just don’t trust  intuit to maintain my records forever.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

That was my first thought. But no. All of the years are gone. 

0 Cheers
ShoeBox Taxes
Level 5

Some of the missing clients may have changed their addresses, sure. But not 500 of them within the span of 24 hours. I have lost 100% of the documentation for about 85% of my clients. If it were only 1 or 2 I'd chalk it up to an email error or something, but not this many.

I was hoping to find more people who have had this happen, so we can do a class action suit. It's not the kind of thing I can just generally announce, ya know? I figure this would be a (relatively) safe place to look for other victims. Like others have mentioned, it looks like not a lot of people have been using Intuit Link.

Now I know why.

0 Cheers