Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit and/or CA FTB errors?

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

First it was an update slated for 02/19, then 02/23, now 02/24. StatWages_ALL

What's with the continued error messages after updates were supposedly made!!

"Ongoing updates"? "On hold as we finish working on an area"?

Is this an Intuit issue or a CA FTB issue?

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I haven't had any errors or messages about CA forms at all. 

What type of return are you seeing the issue with?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Individual return--MFJ

Status Status Date
Return Rejected 02/22/2023
Code: StatWages_ALL
Form: Form Copy:
Line #:
Description:
Error Detail:
Your state tax filing is on hold as we finish working on an area that may impact your tax return. Please check back at a later date.
Error Resolution:
Your return hasn't been e-filed due to ongoing updates. This update is scheduled for release on February 24, 2023. Apply the update on or after that date (online products update automatically), revisit your state return for any errors and save (online products update & save automatically). After reviewing your state return, re-transmit for e-file.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent had any of these rejects, so Im not sure what the issue is/was.....looks like it should be fixed by tomorrow sometime.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

That will be the third time that I've filed the return. I received the same message on the 19th, as well as the 22nd.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Is it a multistate return or statutory employee?  That StatWages_ALL thing is odd, Ive never seen it before, not sure what its referring to.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

One state, California, but a statutory employee

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I thought Intuit made some changes to how the statutory employee wages get reported for federal, they must not have it right on the state end or CA doesnt have it right in their processing yet.

Statutory employees arent very common, so it may not be very high on the list of things to fix.

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

It's the 24th and I ran manual updates of both of my Intuit products this morning (as I always do).

Ran Final Review on California to see if anything pops up. Zero errors, so I filed.

Still receiving an error message. Very frustrating!! Since when is the 24th not the 24th?

Return History:
Status Status Date
Return Rejected 02/24/2023
Code: StatWages_ALL
Form: Form Copy:
Line #:
Description:
Error Detail:
Your state tax filing is on hold as we finish working on an area that may impact your tax return. Please check back at a later date.
Error Resolution:
Your return hasn't been e-filed due to ongoing updates. This update is scheduled for release on February 24, 2023. Apply the update on or after that date (online products update automatically), revisit your state return for any errors and save (online products update & save automatically). After reviewing your state return, re-transmit for e-file.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Probably come out later this afternoon, last week an update rolled out late on Friday.

FWIW Ive got a bunch of CA returns that I Efiled yesterday that are still sitting at Sent To State, so I think theres something goofy happening between Intuit and FTB.

0 Cheers