Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illinois s corp form IL 1120 ST V

EFCPA
Level 1

For 5 weeks, Pro Series has been saying IL 1120 ST V will be ready on 2/25. Then last night, the date changed to 3/4. Since you can't e file if a form isn't final, is there a workaround to allow e filing fed and IL 1120 S without continuing to wait?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

This works now as of today with the 2/25 update. I file 100's of IL-1120-STs so I know this works now. Can't believe it took this long for Intuit to get this right!!!!!

0 Cheers
EFCPA
Level 1

I believe you, but why does the form still say - final on 3/4? I ran the update earlier today.

When I print the form, there is no "not ready for filing" watermark, so it appears ready.

Do you think that I should  e file the returns, even if it says ready on 3/4?

Thanks for your insight. I am really aggravated with Pro Series this year. There are several other issues as well, but I'm focusing on this for now because I need to get these returns out.

0 Cheers
adam_cpa
Level 3

Our system won't even let us print the form because it is not final.  It did for about a week, in between updates.  But when it changed back to 3/4 it stopped allowing us to print it.  Also, be careful because ProSeries thinks that the estimated tax payments for replacement tax and PTE tax are VOLUNTARY.  It is not voluntary.  The system calculates estimates based on PTE tax alone.  You have to go to the worksheet and type in the current year net income for it to calculate the replacement tax portion of the estimated tax payments.  This should absolutely be automatic and not a manual entry.  And finally, you are required to pay estimates electronically if you owe Illinois over 20k.  ProSeries will not allow for this yet.  You can check the electronic payment box for the voucher, but not for the estimated tax payments yet.  So there is no way to get the filing instruction letter to print correctly.  Come on ProSeries, get your act together.

0 Cheers
EFCPA
Level 1

Thank you - Pro Series has totally dropped the ball this year. 

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

As a 25+ year user of ProSeries, this has been by far the worst year for release dates.

0 Cheers