Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you use form 8863 and enter the client’s 1098-T info, are you still required to use form 8867 AOTC credit?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxMonkey
Level 8
0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Proseries gave me an error message when I attempted to complete the form 8867 AOTC due diligence to go along with my form 8863 for the 1098-T school credit. It is red and won’t allow me to submit. It’s saying as if it is a duplicate. What should I do?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Its too soon to submit returns using ProSeries anyhow, you have to wait until Jan 29th.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
“Just Lisa Now!” I totally understand that tax season does not officially open until the 29th; however that still does not mean preparation and inputting info is not allowed. You just cannot submit to the IRS until the 29th! Proseries will allow you to input tax info into the application and 1040 return. And my question came about from inputting the info into the system, during the final federal review the error message appeared with an issue on the form.
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8

Yes

0 Cheers