Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got a client with a lot of crypto transactions. TurboTax is advertising they will format it to do all the math for gains and losses. What is ProSeries doing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Somebody could get rich inventing a software for desperate CPAs in April with pages of crypto transactions sorted only by date!
4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

If through CoinBase force them to sign up and pay for CoinTracker.  It will give you all the 8949 information you need for filing.  Similar with Robinhood Crypto.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked out Coin Tracker last year.   My clients (and there are more every year) aren't using Coinbase.    I want something I can buy and use, and Coin Tracker is exclusively for the use of the crypto owners.  TurboTax is advertising it's got something.  If TURBOTAX has it, what does Intuit have for us pros?   Or should I buy a copy of TurboTax and just use that function?  That's an interesting thought...!  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Lots of different services out erhe that can turn that crypto data dump into a usable format for taxes....CoinTracker, Koinly, are the first ones that come to mind, but there are more out there...this is your clients problem, not yours, make then be responsible for themselves.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wise advice, I'm sure, but I'm not Mom to these kids.   Thanks anyway, everybody.  I'll keep hunting and if I find something, I'll let you all know.