Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm asking Pro Series to please "Red Flag" the Forms in use List When Social Security income was entered on last years return!!

jjoyce
Level 1

I have had several instances where the client forgot to bring in the Social Security Statement for the current year...and I didn't recognize that it was missing because the line item in Forms in Use was not "Red Flagged"!!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Please add your vote for this over in the Idea Exchange

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/social-security-place-holder-fro...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I find reviewing the return and comparing it to last year much more effective that relying on red flags popping up in the software.  Sometimes folks get too used to the software doing all the thinking for them.  Sometimes us tax preparers need to do a little thinking when preparing a tax return.  That's why they pay us the big bucks, right? 😁

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

it only takes once or twice of missing it to make you much more aware of that form sitting it the forms in use list! A red error would be nice though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

and... while you are at it... go to page 8 or 9 or 10 and vote for BarCodes for Addresses on Slip Sheets  PLEASE!!

ProSeries Tax Idea Exchange - Intuit Accountants Community

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.