Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost most 2020 HomeBase views after creating a client mailing list

david3
Level 7

After creating a client mailing list from the 2020 program I lost all of the non 1040 tax returns - business, trusts, estates, etc. in the HomeBase view drop down.

I realized this after exporting the client mailing list to excel. 

I tried resetting the current view in the HomeBase menu and I also ran HomeBase Maintenance. I also deleted the custom view in HomeBase View that I created for the mailing list.

I have created mailing lists for years and never had this happen.

How do I get all my business, trust and estate tax returns to appear in the HomeBase View drop down?

Thank you. 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
david3
Level 7

Ok, more weird stuff happened but it's fixed now.

When I tried opening a 1040 and error message said that I needed to install a state tax return. That state tax return has already been installed. But I still did an update of installed products. Still had the problem when trying to open the 1040.

So I did an installation of new products. It was as though nothing was installed in the 2020 program.

Everything is back to normal now after I downloaded new products.

Thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
david3
Level 7

I forgot to mention that I am able to see all the other tax return types when I select All Tax Returns in HomeBase View.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Which specific homebase view are they not showing in?

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

The normal HomeBase View with the drop down that allows you to select 1040, 1065, 1120S, etc. I'm not sure what you are asking because I am only familiar with the HomeBase View that appears when opening ProSeries.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Well if your selecting 1040, you won't see the trust, partnerships etc.

I work a lot in the E-file homebase which shows them all.

When I get something showing (or not showing) strangely the first thing I try is closing and reopening ProSeries.

If that doesn't work, I then reboot the computer.

david3
Level 7

Maybe I'm not explaining the situation clearly enough.

It isn't that I am selecting 1040s in the HomeBase View dropdown and expecting to see business, estates, trusts, etc. tax returns. It's that 1040 is the only option appearing in the HomeBase View dropdown. No 1065, no 1120S, no 1041, no 990, etc.

I have closed PS several times and restarted my computer twice. Still have the problem.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Wow - that is strange.

Maybe try installing the business returns again?

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

In addition to the 1040, the drop down includes the EF Center and All Tax Returns. When I click on the latter two options all of the other tax return types appear. So I know the other return types are still somewhere in PS 2020. 

It's just trying to figure out how to get them to appear in the HomeBase View dropdown options.

Yes, it's weird why all tax returns other than 1040 disappeared in the view dropdown. Again, this happened after I created a client mailing list for 1040 clients.

Any other ideas on how I can solve this problem?

Thanks.

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Ok, more weird stuff happened but it's fixed now.

When I tried opening a 1040 and error message said that I needed to install a state tax return. That state tax return has already been installed. But I still did an update of installed products. Still had the problem when trying to open the 1040.

So I did an installation of new products. It was as though nothing was installed in the 2020 program.

Everything is back to normal now after I downloaded new products.

Thanks for helping.