Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just sent out a return using the wrong bank account

Level 1

   about an hour ago i e filed a tax return using the wrong bank account number. Can I retrieve the tax and change the account number?


0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Level 14
Level 14

Nope, hope it gets rejected


Level 15

Unfortunately no. You can hope it gets rejected for some other issue. Otherwise, its gone and your client will have to wait for a check.

Level 15
Level 15

That sucks.  Hope for a reject for some other reason, or tell your client to expect a refund delay.  Once the bank bounces (assuming the bank cross matches the name on the refund and it doesnt land in someone elses account) the refund back to IRS, they will issue a refund check.