Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to file a short year tax return but have already filed a return in that year. I get an error stating a duplicate submission. How can I overide this error?

Level 1
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 15

Paper file.

Level 15

Paper file as in 'you can't' override that error.

One option if the timing would work is to file an extension for the short year & jump on filing the short year return as soon as the 2024 software is available.   But that's a long way off...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"