Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a winner

IRonMaN
Level 15

After doing this gig for 44+ years, I thought I had seen everything, but today I found the winner of all time.  A client dropped off a grocery bag full of crap the other day for us to look through.  So along with how many months of bank statements, two dollar co-pay prescription slips, raffle tickets, etc, etc, I found the grand prize --------------------------- pictures from their colonoscopy.  This is pretty much a W-2 return so I'm not sure if the colonoscopy pics go on schedule C, or what exactly I am supposed to do with them.  So when I said a bag full of crap, I came as close to that as you can without the odor.  Honest to god, what are these people thinking?

Slava Ukraini!
20 Comments 20
IRonMaN
Level 15

Oh boy, and as a bonus I also have some dental X-rays tucked into the pile.

I don't drink, but somebody pass me the Fireball, I am about to start.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I also have some dental X-rays tucked into the pile."

It's due diligence, as proof of medical costs?

"pictures from their colonoscopy"

Or, maybe it's to prove the two ends are not directly connected?

Is this on your document checklist? That might be the place to start.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

The official tally of tax data was 4 W-2s, a 1099MISC for the MN rebate and 2 1098s for a paltry amount of interest that doesn't get them anywhere remotely close to itemizing.  

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

That is a winner. Congratulations!

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll be watching my mail for my prize for winning.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I'd give you points, but we don't get them any more.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I appreciate the thought. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

The colonoscopy pics go on Schedule A.

sjrcpa
Level 15

Can you attach them to the efiled return?

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

I hope they didn't leave any food in that grocery bag for you.

rcooley25
Level 11

Boy am I ever glad to be done with this.

BobKamman
Level 15

That's just for audit prevention.  You attach them to the return with a note stating "you can't do this twice in the same year."  

IRonMaN
Level 15

If anybody is looking for a new client I would be happy to refer them to you.  Actually, for anybody that will take them, I'll throw in a free case of Fireball.

Slava Ukraini!

Do I have to take the client?  I just want the Fireball.  In fact, after this week, I need the Fireball.

rcooley25
Level 11

I will be willing to come out of retirement for a whole case of fireball.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on the posts, it would appear that there once again is a shortage of Fireball in IL.  I would send you each a case of Fireball but all I can find right now is the stuff they sell in the gas station and I know that isn't what you were hoping for.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

There is a shortage in Illinois because I he my reco room and garage stocked with it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I watched a story on the news last about the Fireball shortage.  They mentioned that the problem was due to hoarding ------------------ I was wondering if that was your house that they showed on the news.  You really should be careful if you are going to stack the cases that high.  Did you buy yourself a forklift as a retirement gift to yourself?

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Yes I did.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Good for you.  I assume you painted fireball flames on it?

Slava Ukraini!