Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an error on Virginia 502: "Some values are too large and have caused calculation errors." The error appears to be related to the VK1 Worksheet, but there are no large values anywhere on the sheet. Anyone else experience this and what's the fix/

VAAcct434
Level 2

Transferred Fed data to state return and error appears (2) in the VK1 worksheet.  I try to go to the error but it just goes the worksheet, not to a specific entry.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitMark304
Employee
Employee

VAAcct434,

Can you help me understand your scenario a bit more in order for us to diagnosis the issue? 

My gut is that there may be some issue related to the profit/loss/owner % that are transferring down to the VA VK-1 Worksheet from the federal return.  Federal allows for up to 5 decimal places in these fields while VA limits it to 2 decimal places. That transfer and rounding can cause quirks.  

Example would be a partnership with 2 partners on federal.  Partner #1 is a 99.99999% owner while Partner #2 is 0.00001% owner.  When that data transfers down to VA, it will get rounded to be 100.00% for Partner #1 and 0.00% for Partner #2.   

Look forward to hearing about your specific issue more in order to help you find a solution. 

0 Cheers
VAAcct434
Level 2

After completing the Fed return, I started on the VA return and transferred data from the Fed.  It immediately gave the error, indicating 2 errors on the VK1 worksheet.  I thought it might have something to do with the number of characters in the name address fields, but that didn't clear it.

0 Cheers
ecampbell
Level 2

I have this same error, too, on a VA 502. My ownership percentages are only 1 decimal place (12.5, 87.5) so I don't think that's my issue. Tried after newest updates and still not working.

0 Cheers