Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to download 1099's in pdf format into Form 1041 in ProSeries. Surely ProSeries does this??? How???

djgdjg
Level 1

Import does not work on ProSeries 1041.  While entering 1041 data,  "Import Client Data from scanned pdf" gives me the error "The Scanned Document Feature is Only available for 1040 federal returns".  Really???  There must be a simple way to do scan 1099 pdf's into a 1041...or ProSeries is going to loose customers.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Nope.   

Summarize the sales, ST covered, ST non covered, LT covered, etc. then attach the 1099B as a PDF to the file before Efiling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
djgdjg
Level 1

I understand that works...but that is like putting stone wheels on a Tesla...does ProSeries really not download information straight accounts or pdf's into a 1041????  That is mind-boggling!!!

Can someone from Intuit please confirm your product is really generations behind in functionality because it won't download information directly from an account into a 1041???

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre welcome to call support to confirm, but I think the software already did that for you when it specifically said it only worked for 1040's.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
djgdjg
Level 1

Do you know if TurboTax Pro will allow you to download 1099's into the 1041 for this upcoming year?  This is a VERY SIGNIFICANT shortcoming of the TurboTax Pro.  I will probably switch to UltraTax if Intuit cannot confirm this feature in the new version for this year.  Please have someone from Intuit let me know.

0 Cheers