Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hus/wife have trust that owns 2 LLCs w rental income & 2 LLCs that own securities w dividend income. Do H&W need to file a 1041 or as K-1 income on Form 1040?

Level 1
Does a 1041 have to be filed with the LLC income or can the taxpayers include the LLC income via K-1s?
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15

A two member LLC generally means a partnership return needs to be filed.  As far as trust reporting goes, an irrevocable trust requires to be reported on a 1041 but a revocable trust is treated as if the taxpayers still own things personally.

Slava Ukraini!