Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell software ERO and preparer are the same

DebiHCPA
Level 4

Where do you tell the software that the ERO and Preparer are the same?

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
dkh
Level 15

That is designated in the Firm/Preparer Info.   Quickest way to get there - use the Quickzoom on any Federal Information Worksheet - Part V.

0 Cheers
DebiHCPA
Level 4

Not sure why I can't seem to find a checkbook that indicates that they are the same. I entered the Firm information and then the preparer/ERO but there is no where to say that the preparer and the ERO are the same. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

In the Firm/Preparer Info... the section there is the Prepare/ERO Information section - you have that all completed ?

It's been a while since I had to do this so I'm trying to remember the steps.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

go to Tools >Options >ERO Info          is your information entered there ?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15
0 Cheers
DebiHCPA
Level 4

Yes, it is there but then I noticed that the EIN in the ERO sheet is off by one digit. I will see if when I change it, it recognizes that they are the same. I would have thought there would have been a box to check. Having trouble getting Alabama to recognize that they are the same on the efile auth sheet and I can't override the number. I can just leave it blank. I don't think it is a big deal but it would be nice if there was a check box.

Thanks for your help.