Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to enter Coinbase report data with > 3,000 crypto transactions

Melathome
Level 2

I received 2 reports from my client one with Capital gains info and the other with Income items.  Neither were reported to the IRS. How do I enter the on form 1099B worksheet other than manual entry ? Is there an export w/s from ProSeries I can populate or a format for an Excel w/s I can upload to ProSeries ? 

Summary by sale date for manual entry is not practical as transactions occurred on more than 25 days per month.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If Basis is reported, see first picture.

If Basis is not reported, see second picture and use "M" for the adjustment code.  Then attach a PDF.

1.jpg

2.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Scan the forms and attach as a pdf.  Then enter the totals on the 1099B worksheet.

Slava Ukraini!
Melathome
Level 2

thought about that but Intuit site states that you can only use summary amounts on From 8949 if basis is reported to IRS.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/how-do-i-attach-a-stock-summary-to-the-schedu...

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought you said it wasn't reported.  If cost is reported, then you can just enter totals.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Melathome
Level 2

i'm sorry I am confused. that is correct, nothing was reported to IRS including basis.  what is the difference between entering totals versus summary totals ?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If Basis is reported, see first picture.

If Basis is not reported, see second picture and use "M" for the adjustment code.  Then attach a PDF.

1.jpg

2.jpg

0 Cheers
Melathome
Level 2

thank you so much, i see now

0 Cheers