Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you record the sale of a non-depreciated business asset, Farm land in this case, in Pro-Series?

SethDean
Level 1

How do you record the sale of a non-depreciated business asset, Farm land in this case, in Pro-Series? When I record it as an asset and asset type is X (non-depreciated asset), then It won’t let me put in any dates or sales price of the asset.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I tested this also on a Schedule C asset. got the same message.. This may be a workaround.. click on 

Forms > Select Form > type in 4797 > call up 4797 > Quick Zooom to 4797, Part III > enter info there

Norman2001
Level 7

Does classifying the asset as "Other" work?

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

SCHEDULE D item

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The top of page one of the 4797 has a spot to enter random stuff (just above line 1a).  You can enter information there.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@SethDean  You should use asset type other, and fill in asset price, and value of land (will be same as asset price) Then scroll down and fill in disposition, date, sale price under land, the program will do the rest (fill out the 4797)