Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you amend form 8868?

CRittenhouse
Level 1

My secretary filed an extension for a 990-PF and made no payment with the extension.  After inputting the data, it appears that tax will, in fact, be owed.  How can you correct the already-filed extension form and authorize an electronic funds withdrawal for Form 8868 balance due?  Do I need to paper file with an explanation?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Pay online at irs.gov or use EFTS(?) EFTPS.

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

Since you now have all the input done, file the return with payment. Late payment is late payment, whether it is with a late extension, a late file, or a late estimate tax payment. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
PATAX
Level 15

@George4Tacks @CRittenhouse @sjrcpa I believe you can make a payment for both 990-pf and 990-t but you have to register first and then they have to give you a pin... Unless they have changed procedure , I believe the pin is mailed to you , therefore it may be awhile so you may be better just finishing the return like George said... Just my opinion

PATAX
Level 15

@CRittenhouse @George4Tacks @sjrcpa above post is for EFTPS...

sjrcpa
Level 15

@PATAX  Thanks. I never remember the correct letters.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

@sjrcpa 👍 my memory used to be quite good now I can't remember what I had for dinner last night...

George4Tacks
Level 15

@PATAX At least you remember having dinner last night. That is the important part. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns