Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i indicate deceased police officer injured on duty is not taxable to spouse

angel42
Level 2

Police union in nebraska indicates this is not taxable to spouse.  How do I indicate this on 1099-R form in proseries?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

Maybe the union can help you get a corrected 1099-R from the pension fund that issued it.  

I have the same issue that involves the widow of an injured firefighter.  Just because his pension qualified as workers compensation, doesn't mean that hers does.  At least, that's the argument that IRS usually has won in court.  

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

Is this the same policeman as here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/how-do-you-indicate-a-d...

No need to keep starting New Topics. Please, just update the first topic with the new info.

I will flag this as Duplicate to be deleted.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Maybe the union can help you get a corrected 1099-R from the pension fund that issued it.  

I have the same issue that involves the widow of an injured firefighter.  Just because his pension qualified as workers compensation, doesn't mean that hers does.  At least, that's the argument that IRS usually has won in court.