Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter the MA 63-D entity tax payment on the federal return

Steve Hocheiser
Level 2

I am trying to figure out how to enter the entity level tax paid under the 63-D election in Massachusetts for an S corp on to the individual federal return. I have read the material available and entered the data on section 4 of the CMS form in Proseries for the individual. This reduces the MA tax but does not transfer to the federal return. 

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
sjrcpa
Level 15

Hasn't it already been deducted to arrive at K-1 Line 1 income?

Ex-AllStar
Steve Hocheiser
Level 2

It has not. The federal taxable income and tax has not changed. Am I missing something on the entity side?

0 Cheers
Steve Hocheiser
Level 2

The value on the K-1 is unchanged. Is there somewhere I need to hit a checkbox?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I don't use ProSeries but I imagine you'd enter it in the 1120S the same place you enter any other deductible taxes.

Ex-AllStar
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

On the 1120S page 1-2 use the taxes and license smart worksheet to enter deductible state taxes 

Steve Hocheiser
Level 2

Thank you to both who replied to my messages. I sometimes tend to chase my tail and over complicate things. You are both right. A simple T account illustrated the point. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Hopefully I can reciprocate in the future.

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Glad to help Steve