Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I complete an amended return for a return that I didn't do initially? PS doesn't like it when I just put in amounts on the 1040 directly.

Level 4
Should I just overwrite every line?
Then create an 1040-X and make further changes?
Thanks in advance, Christopher
0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 4

Go to "Amending an individual return (1040X) in ProSeries- it has a section that specifically addresses how to e-File a 1040X for a return you didn't prepare.