Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hosting environment

nicholsontax
Level 1

I recently moved to the hosting environment for 2023. I was able to also pull over prior years to the cloud, with the goal of eliminating the software and data from my hard drive for added information security. This morning I accessed a client's file in 2020 ( in the hosting environment) and attempted to amend the tax return. At the time, I didn't realize that it was not eligible for amending electronically, but that is not the issue. The issue was that it popped up an authorization form and wanted me to pay for the return, but I have never been on a pay by return plan, I am on an unlimited plan and always have been. Does anyone know if because my prior years were not originally in the hosting environment, I am only able to amend the older returns on my hard drive software? I should preface this with the fact that I did not get asked to pay for the return when I tried to amend it in the 2020 software still installed on my hard drive, only if I accessed and tried to file in the hosting environment. 

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not familiar with how the hosted environment works, do you have the ability to update your license like you do on the regular desktop version?   Tools > License Product   that may pull the unlimited license into into the program.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
nicholsontax
Level 1

Thank you, I think that may have done it. I appreciate your quick response.