Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebase

Paul-G-328
Level 4

In Pro Series Basic I have Homebase set up where as soon as you work on a return it goes to the bottom of the list. But this year, a clients Fed and state returns are separated on the botoom and not on the same line. Is there something I can check off to sort them together on 1 line?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Mine do that sometimes when I work on Federal one day but not the state and I dont work on the state until a later date.   

Im not sure how to fix that except that the very first time I open someone's return I make sure I go to both federal AND state prior to exiting/saving the returns.   Once theyre split up like that, I havent found a way to join them back together until theyre Accepted I think they join back up then.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Paul-G-328
Level 4

It happens to all of mine and didnt happen at all last year,.must be some sorting issue

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think it has something to do with the date the return is first transferred/accessed. 

My own return is one of these ones that are split up in HB now, I transferred and accessed the federal return in really early January but the state return I didnt access until the end of January...so Im my only problem child right now  LOL

But I see other clients with 2 different dates of transfer that still sit right next to each other in HB, so Im not sure I understand it completely.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers