Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heres a little nugget of fun from a tax pro group on FB

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What kind of pros is Intuit hiring to work for TT?

ttpro.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
8 Comments 8
rcooley25
Level 11

And to think I was considering applying for a job there.

BobKamman
Level 15

That's not true.  I told the guy how to put it on the 4797.  

dkh
Level 15

That's some shady sh!+

IRonMaN
Level 15

Initially they had the requirements that those folks had to be EAs or CPAs.  Evidently they ran a little short of EAs and CPAs jumping into the interview pool.  Now the interview process is:

Intuit HR - "Do you have a pulse"

Applicant - "I think so"

Intuit HR - "Welcome to the Intuit Team"

Slava Ukraini!
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

well it is an easy way to get a t-shirt and a yeti!!

I've got one that is in the programming part of TT.  Mother of one of my clients had her son compile it on the free TT software.   My client brought in the cover letter Showing her Mom owing about $1,400 dollars, and my client the daughter, thinks it is wrong. So, being the pushover that I am, I offer to look over it, with  them in the office. I input every bit of information, and i can only get to about a $400 liability.  And the AGI is about $7k more than I can compute.  So then they bring back the 'guts' of the TT return. and  Line 5a has like $20,800, but the taxable amount line 5b is like $26,000. of course that impacted taxable amount of SS, to get to the difference in our returns.  I've been ding this about 4 decades, but i'm pretty sure that I've never had the taxable amount of a pension, be actually more that the total distribution.  and this passed TT error check.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m too scared to check myself ————— does that input scenario pass ProSeries error checking? 😰

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@IRonMaN that's the first thing I did when I saw what had happened. The absolute first thing, even before I took my next breath..  Fortunately, ProSeries will NOT let that bug happen, although there are enough others for a large pesticide company.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
rbynaker
Level 13

@dd4vols wrote:

So then they bring back the 'guts' of the TT return. and  Line 5a has like $20,800, but the taxable amount line 5b is like $26,000. of course that impacted taxable amount of SS, to get to the difference in our returns.  I've been ding this about 4 decades, but i'm pretty sure that I've never had the taxable amount of a pension, be actually more that the total distribution.  and this passed TT error check.

My guess, COVID 3-year spread carried over from 2020.