Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Payment Voucher format changed? Does not show clients return address, will not fit in envelopes I have been using for years.

Jed_cpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The federal 1040V voucher?  Looks ok on the screen, haven't had anyone that owes come in yet though, so I haven't printed one out yet.

How can it not fit in an envelope?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The federal 1040V voucher?  Looks ok on the screen, haven't had anyone that owes come in yet though, so I haven't printed one out yet.

How can it not fit in an envelope?  

0 Cheers
Jed_cpa
Level 1
I have been using Nelco window envelopes. Top left for return address, main window of IRS address. Now there is no return address on voucher and IRS address does not fit in main window.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just printed out both a 2017 and a 2018 1040-V voucher and they look exactly the same, so guess I'm not understanding the issue...you sure you have the right envelope?

0 Cheers
Jed_cpa
Level 1
I wish I could send you a print out of my voucher.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Pretty sure we all get the same voucher to print.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
This is a stupid question, but does rebooting your computer and printer help?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Jed_cpa
Level 1
Sorry, I am referring to the slip sheet, not the actual payment voucher.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ohhhhhhh that makes more sense. Ive never used a slip sheet before.

0 Cheers
Jed_cpa
Level 1
So the answer I was given by tech support is that I can no longer purchase third party envelopes. Since they changed the format I can only purchase directly from Intuit!!!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I don't see a return address in the left corner of the voucher.  The client address (return address) and the IRS address sit pretty much side by side on the vouchers I print out.

I DO see that the spouses last name doesn't appear in the 2018 voucher if you didn't enter it in the info worksheet (since that's for only when its different than the TP)

Yes IMA got married in 2018  LOL  saved a ton of taxes too! 

0 Cheers