Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gone but not forgotten

IRonMaN
Level 15

What a shock.  You could have knocked me over with a feather.  My post from yesterday was deleted.  The Intuit cop cars haven't arrived yet to arrest me for my crimes against humanity, so I am still a free man.  Yesterday, I was wanted for breaking the law, and today, I am again wanted by Intuit.  According to my morning e-mail, I am wanted to become an Intuit Tax Pro.  Sometimes you just can't make this stuff up😮

Hi JEFFREY,

Marketing skills. Sales chops. Administrative work. It takes so much more than your industry expertise to run a successful tax practice.

Intuit's newest program, Intuit TurboTax Verified Tax Pro, is designed to help you focus on what you do best: providing excellent tax services to your clients.

With this new program, you can:

·         Expand your customer base with referrals from Intuit and reach more prospective clients in a few clicks.

·         Start teaming with no upfront costs*. Our goal is to enable you to earn more doing taxes with us than you can working with other providers.

·         Spend less time on data entry with Intuit's powerful tax prep software and everything you need to run and grow your business in one place.

·         And more!

We think you could be a great fit for this exciting new program and want to invite you to connect with us to learn more.

Your invitation to learn more is waiting.

See how much you could grow with the full backing of the Intuit brand.

As a side note, that invitation is going to be waiting a long, long time.  As Nancy Reagan taught me, I just have to say no.  I guess I don't even have to post a joke today, Intuit has already provided one.

As a side note, we had a client that was in a hurry to file his tax return.  He was in so much of a hurry, that it took him 10 months to get his information together.  But really, once he got the stuff to us, the clock to hurry started.  He really needed it right away.  So we finished up the return last Wednesday................... and we are still waiting for him to stroll down to pick it up.  I might have to redo the bill to add a storage fee. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
PATAX
Level 15

Same procrastinating client here. Been waiting all year now they finally got the information to me for the 990 return that is due tomorrow. Now I have to work as fast as Grandpa Jones plays that banjo so I can get it finished before the deadline which is tomorrow.🪕🎼

IRonMaN
Level 15

Turn on the polkas -------- that should help speed you up.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I have one too.... gave him a hard 11:00 deadline of yesterday for the one missing number.  BIG apology today for missing the deadline as he was too jet-lagged from his latest vacation to get to it.

He dropped his info off on 10.13.23 around 4:00 o'clock as he was leaving for his vacation; was really happy to hear of the extra month extension.

I haven't decided yet whether I will respond/how I will respond.

So Jeff, guess my prod to @IntuitGabi that an apology was in order fell on deaf ears?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

Maybe deaf ears, but the eyesight still works since the post went bye-bye.  They evidently added the 11th commandment in 2023 -------- "thou shalt not take the name of Intuit, thy God, in vain"

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

They obviously consider you a member of the Smirking Vermin caucus.  If you want to get their attention, it might help to contribute to some of their favorite causes. 

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/intuit-inc/summary?id=D000026667 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, I am a coyote so technically I am vermin 😬

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as I'm here:

One Sunday morning

One Sunday morning, the Lutheran pastor noticed Ole standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque. It was covered with names and small American flags mounted on either side of it. The old Norwegian had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside Ole, and said quietly, 'Good morning Ole.'

'Good morning Pastor,' he replied, still focused on the plaque. 'Pastor, vat is dis?' The pastor said, 'Well, it's a memorial to all the men and women who died in the service. Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Finally, Ole's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear
asked, 'Vich service, da 8:30 or da 10:45?

Slava Ukraini!