Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gambling Losses

Monument
Level 1

I have a client with $15,895 in W2-G gambling winnings. I tried to write off the entire amount as gambling losses on miscellaneous Schedule A deductions called gambling losses. The tax return keeps getting rejected with error code SA-F1040-025. This error code states that the miscellaneous deductions must be smaller or equal to the winnings. So I reduced the the gambling losses by one dollar to show a one dollar gambling profit and the return was rejected again. Has anyone else had this problem? 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Someone yesterday reported the same issue...its gotta be a glitch

@IntuitAustin  this needs to be addressed!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I didn't have a problem one week ago, so it must have been "fixed" in order to break it.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Did you enter the winnings on line 2 of the other income statement, or did you just put it on line 24 as other income

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I asked this multiple times to the person that reported it yesterday afternoon, they never did confirm one way or another if the actual W2G worksheet was used....it was late and I gave up asking

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-tax-return-rejected-code...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Monument
Level 1

I used the W2-G worksheet. Yesterday the return get rejected.....Today it was accepted and I did not make any changes. So I assume the tech support people made a fix.